A recent study by analyzing information technology’s impact on the air transport community provides insight and emphasizes the importance of a reliable, accessible IT infrastructure. Mobile services, for both passengers and for internal access will become even more important. They predict by 2016; 14% of sales will be through mobile, social media and kiosks. Ancillary sales, check-in and flight tracking through mobile devices will continue to grow for the airline industry. SITA
As the number of IT related components in the airline business continue to grow the need for business intelligence systems to view and manage all of these “moving parts” will also experience related growth in the near term.
The key to collecting, compiling and managing all of the data needed for “business intelligence” capabilities is access to data across multiple locations and devices.
As part of this survey, airlines were asked what challenges faced them in attaining an IT infrastructure that was capable of supporting the Sales and Marketing, Operational Awareness and Passenger experience demands that would be placed on it.
In order of priority, they responded:
- System incompatibility and data integration
- Insufficient data standards
- Lack of skills and internal knowledge
- Coping with and analyzing the amount of data
- Willingness to share within airline departments
- Confidence in data security and privacy
- Willingness to share data with third parties
Synoptek Managed Services Provides Significant Benefits to Airline Carriers:
More reliable infrastructure, fewer outages, quicker response times, responsive 24×7 Help Desk
- An advanced ITSM system
- Operational excellence
- ITIL-based plan, build, run model
- Over $1 million invested in network and hardware diagnostic tools
- Proprietary diagnostic tools (when we didn’t find what we wanted we developed our own programs)
Quickly scalable infrastructure without capital expense
- Obtain additional capacity and hardware as an operating expense
- Increase storage, processing capacity, or anything else by just placing an order
- Scale up or down within a customized Master Services Agreement
Fast resolution to IT problems, proactive device and network management
- Industry leading 24x7x365 U.S. based Help Desk services
- Tier 1 – Tier 4 support customized as you need it
- Best network and device management tools available
- Advanced IT Service Management (ITSM) incident management system
Understand Synoptek's Better Approach to: Managed IT Services, Cloud Hosting, IT Consulting and IT Security Services
- Learn more About Us and our Mission and Vision in the Managed IT Services industry.
- Synoptek is committed to improving the quality of life throughout the areas we serve. Learn more about the community organizations we support.
- Synoptek’s wide-range of operational experience delivers unbiased IT Consulting results.
- Synoptek's Managed Cloud Hosting provides AWS, Azure and Hybrid solutions to fit any need.
- Compare our IT infrastructure management services that consistently win industry awards.
- Learn about Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity services.
- Our US based 24x7 Help Desk and IT infrastructure management services work better together for quicker problem resolution.
- Understand more about IT Security and Compliance by reviewing our Managed Security Services.
- Analyze why IT Outsourcing can work for you.
- Some organizations like local support, find out more about our services in: Orange County, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Sacramento, Denver, Boise, Boulder, Fort Collins and Colorado Springs.
- We now have locations in Raleigh, Rochester, Boston, Dallas, Austin, Atlanta, Miami, Tampa, and Saint John, New Brunswick. Check out our facilities in each of these locations.